Wednesday 20 February 2008

Being a scruff

We went to a party on Friday night at one of the more beautiful houses we ever go to. I am not envious of their house and their beautiful things as I am a largely content person, but it does make me look at what I have and wonder if I don't quite make the best of it. There followed a week-end of attempted acquisition and getting on with neglected jobs. I have painted my front door (badly, although from a distance it does look better). I have found an alternative upholsterer to repair and re-cover a chair and a sofa the material for which we bought six months or so ago and which has languished in a corner of the dining room since then. I went over the hill to Wooler on Saturday to look for things to purchase, but it was a beautiful day and I ended up totally distracted by a hot air balloon, a photograph of which I had intended to post here, but I haven't fully mastered the taking of photographs on my phone. I have never been in a balloon, but it never looked more tempting. It really wasn't the week-end for jobs as the weather was so beautiful and half term gave a rare break from work. I think I'll just allow contentment to take back over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you sound fairly content with life. We are who we are which is a good job in my house because it's always a tip.

Crystal xx

occasional northerner said...

We're a midden too.

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

I would highly recommend a balloon flight: http://mutteringsandmeanderings.blogspot.com/2007/07/up-up-and-away.html

Sarah said...

Your door would look even better from a hot air balloon!

occasional northerner said...

I'm not sure about the "even". I really haven't made a very good job.