Saturday 5 May 2007

First Visit (and hungover)

The idea that I might blog hadn't occurred to me until a month or two ago, but lots of you (as is bound to be the case as most people are) seem nice and sensible and, as I am rarely without some drivel to spout, but frequently lack the time to spout it I feel like joining in from time to time! While not the world's greatest fan of technology I love the way the Internet underlines the adage that "there is nothing new under the sun". As I randomly wander through it the extent to which we share experiences amazes me.

I have, tucked into a picture frame above my desk at work, a Social Stereotypes clipping of the Appalling Hangover from an early December copy of The Telegraph. I cut it out after an office Christmas party - it seemed apposite - and told myself my lesson was learned. This is, however, the second Saturday morning in a row which has, as a consequence of excess on Friday night, started poorly...but I've learnt my lesson?! The difficulty with hangovers is the feeling of seediness when contrasted with the relative wholesomeness of week-end activity (last Saturday very early I had to take my daughter to a riding lesson in a beautiful spot in spring sunshine; this week I am taking part in Edinburgh Gardens Open Day) and the consequent feeling of mild guilt. Chances of having forgotten about it by the time I reach for the corkscrew tonight - better than average! So to the penance of a few household jobs and being nice to garden visitors I go!

I hope this has worked - it all seems very straightforward.

No comments: